Playwright, Prima Facie
Suzie Miller is a contemporary international playwright and screenwriter drawn to complex personal stories often exploring injustice.
Her credits include:
- For Griffin Theatre Company: Caress/Ache, Prima Facie (at Seymour Centre, 2021),
- For Griffin Independent: Sunset Strip,
- For Black Swan State Theatre Company: DUST,
- For La Boite: The Mathematics of Longing, Medea,
- For Performing Lines WA: Overexposed,
- For Perth International Arts Festival: Driving Into Walls, OneFiveZeroSeven,
- For Queensland Opera: Snow White,
- For Ransom Theatre Northern Ireland & Seymour Centre/Riverside Theatres: Transparency.
Other international credits include:
- For Assembly Rooms for Theatre 503 (UK): SOLD,
- For the Cherry Tree Theatre (USA): Reasonable Doubt,
- For the National Theatre of Scotland: Velvet Evening Séance,
- For Theatre Gargantua (Canada): The Sacrifice Zone.
Among other awards, Suzie was awarded the Kit Denton Fellowship in 2009, as well as the 2018 Griffin Award, the 2020 AWGIE for Drama, and the 2020 David Williamson Prize for Outstanding Theatre Writing for Prima Facie.
She is currently under commission by theatre companies nationally and internationally, and is developing several works for screen, including a feature film adaptation of Prima Facie (Bunya Productions/Participant Media USA).