Updated 22 October 2021.
At Seymour Centre we are committed to responsibly using and storing the personal information of all our customers, in accordance with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
1. Why we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide confirmation, tickets and receipts for an event you are attending
- To send important information about an event you are attending
- To send additional information about our events or services, if requested by you
- To enable use of our website or your Seymour web account, if you have one
- To send marketing communications, if you have opted to receive them
- To administer trade promotions and customer surveys
- To optimise our services so we can effectively operate our business, provide customer service and enhance customer experience
- To ensure we operate as a COVID-Safe venue in accordance with directives and/or advice from the government and/ or the University of Sydney
2. When we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information at the following times:
- When you purchase tickets online, over the phone or in person
- When you otherwise communicate with us online, over the phone or in person
- When you visit our website or use your Seymour web account, if you have one
- When you interact with our marketing or advertising content
- When you enter a trade promotion or respond to a customer survey
- When you visit our venue for an event or other purpose
- When you alert us to the fact that you have been at our venue whilst potentially or confirmed as COVID-19 positive
3. Types of personal information we collect
We may collect the following personal information:
- Contact information, e.g. name, mailing address, email address, phone number
- Demographic information, e.g. birthdate, gender
- Health information, with your consent, e.g. dietary requirements, access requirements, COVID-19 symptoms, COVID-19 vaccination status, COVID-19 test result status
- Financial information, e.g. card details, bank account numbers
- Details of any enquiries you make about our events or services
- Information about your booking history and event preferences
- Information you provide through trade promotion entries and customer surveys
- Information gathered from website visits and interactions with our online advertising content (for more information please refer to Section 4)
- Information about you contained in venue CCTV footage, event photography or event footage
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- External service providers that help us effectively operate our business, provide customer service and enhance customer experience, e.g. email marketing providers, mailing houses, web analytics services, payment system providers, consultants
- Performing companies and/ or event promoters, if you have opted to receive marketing communications from them
- Promoters of any external competitions that we administer
- Government, regulatory or law enforcement bodies, if we need to meet a legal requirement
We may also share unique, anonymised identifiers allocated to you with certain media agencies or partners. These unique identifiers may be comprised of information collected when you purchase tickets, communicate with us, visit our website, interact with our marketing or advertising content, enter a trade promotion or respond to a customer survey. We may use these unique identifiers to provide you with customised service or to enhance customer experience more generally.
6. Security of personal information
We use a range of physical, technical and administrative measures to securely store and access your personal information. These measures protect your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification and unauthorised access. We aim to keep your information for only as long as is necessary, in relation to its lawful purposes of use.
7. Accessing and updating personal information
If you would like to access or update your personal information, please contact our Box Office. We may need to verify your identity before proceeding with your request. You can also update a number of personal details via your Seymour web account, if you have one.
Under the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998, there may be some circumstances when we are not able to provide you with access to the personal information we hold. We will inform you if this is the case.
8. Questions or complaints
We value your feedback. If you have questions regarding our use of your personal information or wish to make a complaint about our handling of your information, please contact the University of Sydney’s Privacy Officer.
Pictured: Vivienne Garrett in Cheapside, 1985