Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All tickets sold by Seymour Centre are sold subject to the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice and the following terms and conditions. For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment, or to obtain a copy of the code of practice for Event Ticketing refer to the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this activity; and subject to the conditions applicable to that activity.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased through an authorised medium. Entry may be denied where tickets have been purchased through an unauthorised channel or where tickets have been tampered with, damaged or defaced.
- Admission will only be granted upon presentation of a valid ticket.
- The right of admission is reserved and subject to the presenters’ and venues’ terms of admission.
- Where concessions pricing is applicable, it is available to:
- Full Australian pensioners
- Fulltime Australian students
- Children aged 16 years and under
- Where concession pricing is applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided on collection of tickets. If the ticket holder cannot present valid identification, we reserves the right to apply an additional charge up to the difference of a full standard ticket price.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
- Refunds and cancellations are not available after a purchase has been confirmed except as required by law or in accordance with the LPA Code of Practice.
- Exchanges may be granted at the organiser's discretion up until the performance day. An exchange fee of $5.50 per ticket applies.
- Seymour Centre may not replace General Admission (unallocated) tickets. The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets where available.
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to vary the advertised programs and to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/ or prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity as necessary.
- Tickets may not be resold at a premium or used for advertising or promotions without the direct written consent of the presenter and venue. Any tickets sold in breach of this condition may be cancelled and admission denied.
- Patrons are advised to purchase tickets only through the Seymour Centre website and authorised ticket sellers. We cannot guarantee any ticket purchase made through any means other than the Seymour Centre website and official third-party ticketing agents.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the management. Admission may be granted at a suitable break in the performance.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Food and beverages purchased outside Seymour Centre cannot be brought into the venue.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
- All children and infants must have a valid ticket.
- All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Pram and strollers cannot be taken into theatres. For the safety of all patrons, aisles and stairways must be kept clear at all times.
- Payment for school bookings must be received by the ‘payment due’ date or your booking will be automatically released.
- All students under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Late school groups may be granted admission at a suitable break in the performance.
- Any supplied teaching resources cannot be re-used without written permission from the copyright owner.
REFUSAL OF ADMISSION
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to refuse entry or remove you from the venue if you:
- Endanger other patrons, performers or Seymour Centre staff
- Interfere with other patrons’ enjoyment of a performance or event
- Fail to produce a valid ticket when request
- Record or broadcast performance without permission.
RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- No filming, photography or recording is permitted inside the theatre unless otherwise specified.
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos.
- Seymour Centre is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical condition, your breach of these terms and conditions, or your reliance on reviews and opinions about performances.
- Trade promotion dates, requirements and claim process will be published on Seymour Centre’s social media channels.
- All Seymour Centre trade promotions are games of skill and will be judged according to individual creative merit.
- All Seymour Centre trade promotions are free to enter and do not require the purchase of any tickets.
- Winners of the trade promotion must be 18 years old and over and residents of Australia.
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- Winners will be notified within seven days of the competition closing. Seymour Centre will make every effort to contact the trade promotion winner. If a prize is not claimed within thirsty days of the winner being announced, Seymour Centre reserves the right to award the prize to a runner up.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Employees of Seymour Centre and agencies associated with the trade promotion are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
- All entries become the property of Seymour Centre. Seymour Centre may use entries for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- Any trade promotion posted on Seymour Centre’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with those organisations.
- The information you are asked to provide to Seymour Centre is personal information and is protected by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Seymour Centre will not disclose this information to other parties other than in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- Donations of $2 or more to the Seymour Centre are tax deductible.
- A refund may be available if you make an error in your donation. Any refunds will be made by credit to the card used for the original purchase or donation. Donations cannot be cancelled if we have already notified a third party of its receipt.
APPLICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all Seymour Centre venue hirer agreements, in addition to any terms and conditions set out in those agreements.
A reference to “You” or “The Hirer” in this document is a reference to the counterparty in a venue hire or event agreement. A reference to “We” or “Our” is taken to be the University of Sydney/the Seymour Centre.
GOVERNMENT AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVICE
These terms and conditions were prepared with reference to the NSW Government’s guidelines for minimising risk and protecting the health and wellbeing of all persons accessing our venue.
NSW Government guidelines and public health orders are subject to change. Accordingly, you acknowledge that the Seymour Centre may amend these terms from time to time.
Where the Seymour Centre amends these terms, the Seymour Centre will use reasonable endeavour to notify you however you acknowledge that we may do so without notice and that it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions prior to commencement of your venue hire agreement.
SAFETY PLAN AND CONTACT LISTS
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
Unless we have agreed otherwise with you, you must comply with this COVID-19 Safety Plan.
You must also provide the following at least 14 days before your hire period commences:
- A copy of your COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Name and contact details for your COVID-19 safety coordinator, responsible for enacting your safety plan during your hire period
- Names and contact details for all persons accessing the venue as part of your hire
While on site at Seymour Centre during your hire period, you must ensure that:
- No persons associated with your hire present to the venue unwell, or present exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: fever, sore throat, sore ears, cough or loss of taste
- Any persons associated with your hire who begin to feel unwell or develop any of the above symptoms leave the venue immediately
- All persons associated with your hire wash their hands regularly while at the venue, including upon arrival and departure, and maintain strict personal hygiene standards in other regards
- All persons associated with your hire maintain NSW regulation social distancing at all times, including in the studios, corridors and bathrooms
- All instruments, sets, props and other items associated with your hire are sanitised frequently
- All persons associated with your hire exit the venue promptly at the conclusion of your hire, and strictly avoid congregating in corridors
SEYMOUR CENTRE'S RESPONSIBILITIES
While you are on site at Seymour Centre during your hire period, we will ensure that:
- Our staff are free from COVID-19 symptoms including fever, sore throat, sore ears, cough or loss of taste
- Our staff adhere to strict personal hygiene standards, including frequent hand-washing and sanitisation
- We maintain thorough records of persons entering and departing the venue, to facilitate contact tracing by NSW Health if required
- Up-to-date social distancing, room capacity and directional signage is prominently displayed throughout the venue
- Hand sanitiser is available at key locations throughout the venue
- The venue is subject to a thorough professional cleaning service once daily, encompassing studios, bathrooms, corridors, railings, tables, door handles, sinks, hard surfaces, and other high-traffic or high-touch areas
- Studios are subject to an additional cleaning service between consecutive bookings
- A limited number of alcohol wipes are available upon request (if required, please ensure that you make provisions for alcohol wipes as part of your own COVID-19 Safety Plan)
Each party must:
- Immediately notify the other party if it becomes aware that anyone on site during the Hire Period could have been exposed to COVID-19. This includes if a staff or audience member subsequently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Nominate in writing to the other a person who will be present during the Hire Period and can act as a point of contact for any questions about COVID-19 safety and to help mitigate risks of the same.
- Use reasonable efforts to comply with any request from the other party to the extent that such request is to help minimize the risk of COVID-19.
POSTPONEMENT/ CANCELLATION DUE TO REGULATORY RESTRICTIONS
Should either party be unable to proceed due to regulatory restrictions from government or relevant health authorities made in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, both parties agree that they will first attempt to collaborate to find a mutually agreeable alternative date/s within twelve months of this Agreement.
This will be at no additional cost to the Hirer unless the length of the booking varies, or the booking changes to include a more expensive day of the week (e.g. Sunday).
The Seymour Centre will attempt to transfer ticketholders to the mutually agreed new date/s at no extra cost, or in the event this is unsuccessful, offer ticketholders a refund in full if they decline to be transferred. Neither party to this contract shall make any financial claim upon each other due to these customer refunds.
If no mutually agreeable date can be secured and the event must be cancelled, the Seymour Centre will agree to hold the hirer’s deposit towards a future event to be held within 12 months, or to refund the hirer’s deposit, less a 10% administration fee.
POSTPONEMENT/ CANCELLATION DUE TO REDUCED AUDIENCE CAPACITY
If the capacity of the theatre is reduced due to social distancing requirements, both parties will mutually agree if it is viable to go ahead and, if so, agree to a new hire rate for this reduced audience capacity. If the event is cancelled because it is not viable or an agreed fee cannot be reached, the Seymour Centre will agree to hold the hirer’s deposit towards a future event to be held within 12 months, or to refund the hirer’s deposit, less a 10% administration fee.
If no mutually agreeable date can be secured and the event must be cancelled, the hirer agrees for the Seymour Centre to offer ticket purchasers a choice between a refund in full or a gift voucher eligible for any event at the Seymour Centre for a 36-month period. The hirer will make no claim on refunded or transferred funds in this circumstance.
If a patron/s cannot attend a performance because they are unwell or displaying symptoms, the hirer agrees for the Seymour Centre to transfer ticketholders to an alternative performance date of the same event if possible. If not possible, the hirer agrees for the Seymour Centre to offer patron/s a choice between a refund in full or a gift voucher eligible for any event at the Seymour Centre for a 36-month period. The hirer or the Seymour Centre will make no further claim on refunded or transferred funds in this circumstance.
Pictured: Percy Mtwa and Mbongeni Ngema in Woza Albert!, 1985
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information presented on this website is correct and up to date. Seymour Centre reserves the right to change any information on this website at any time without notice.
The content on this website cannot be re-used without written permission from Seymour Centre.