Terms & Conditions
1. Application of terms and conditions
The purchase of tickets for events at Seymour Centre, plus attendance at these events, are subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as any additional terms and conditions described at the time of purchase.
By acquiring a ticket for an event and/ or attending an event, you agree to our terms and conditions. If you purchase a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of our terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to tickets issued directly by us, as well as any issued by other authorised ticket sellers. The terms and conditions of these other authorised sellers may also apply to your purchase, but in the event of inconsistency, our terms and conditions will prevail.
These terms and conditions are guided by industry best practice, as outlined in the Live Performance Ticketing Code of Practice: Consumer Code.
2. COVID-19 contact tracing requirements
If a government body makes a formal request to us, we may be required to disclose your personal information, including full name, email and/ or phone number, for COVID-19 contact tracing purposes. By purchasing a ticket, you provide us with your permission to do so.
If you purchase a ticket on behalf of someone else, you are also responsible for knowing their contact details.
If you are contacted directly by a government body for COVID-19 contact tracing purposes, you must make the contact details of your group available, providing you have the consent of each member. Alternatively, you must contact each member and request they provide their details to the government directly.
3. Ticket prices, order limits and delivery mechanisms
Ticket prices are displayed in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase, and if this is the case, you will be notified prior to purchase.
We may impose maximum ticket limits for specific events. Unless otherwise specified, the limits apply to the complete event or overall season, and not just to specific performances. We may refuse or cancel orders that exceed the maximum ticket limit.
Your tickets will be delivered via email in the days prior to your event, unless otherwise specified.
4. Tickets for concession holders
Some events offer concession tickets. Unless otherwise stated, only the following individuals can claim concession tickets:
- Full Australian pensioners
- Fulltime Australian students
- Children 16 years and under
Valid identification proving your concession status must be provided on collection of tickets. If not provided, we reserve the right to apply an additional charge up to the difference of a full standard ticket price, or to deny event admission.
5. Tickets for children
All children over two years must have a valid ticket.
A ticketed adult must accompany all children under 13 years.
6. Tickets for schools
Payment for school bookings must be received by the ‘payment due date’ listed on your booking confirmation or your booking will be automatically released.
A ticketed adult must accompany all students under 13 years.
Any teaching resources supplied in conjunction with a school’s attendance at an event cannot be reused without express written permission from the copyright owner.
7. Ticket resale restrictions
You are strongly advised to only purchase tickets via official Seymour Centre channels or the channels of other authorised ticket sellers. Ticketmaster, TodayTix and Playwave are the authorised ticket sellers we currently work with. If you purchase from an unauthorised seller, you risk that your tickets may be fake or invalid.
Tickets may not be resold at a premium without our express written permission and that of the relevant performing company or event promoter. If you present resold tickets, we may request evidence of the resale price in order to enforce this restriction. This evidence may include:
- A resale account receipt
- A tax invoice
- A bank statement
If you are found to hold fake or invalid tickets from an unauthorised seller, or resold tickets that breach resale pricing restrictions, you may be denied event admission.
We will not issue refunds for tickets purchased from unauthorised sellers or from resellers, and if you lose a ticket purchased from an unauthorised seller or a reseller, we will not replace it.
Tickets may not be used for advertising or promotional purposes without our express written permission and that of the relevant performing company or event promoter.
8. Lost tickets
It is your responsibility to keep your tickets safe. We will replace lost tickets at our discretion and fees may apply. We will not replace lost tickets purchased from an unauthorised seller or a reseller.
9. Ticket refunds and exchanges
Refunds are not available after a purchase has been confirmed except as outlined in these terms and conditions or if required by law.
Circumstances under which you are entitled to a refund include:
- If we cancel an event
- If we reschedule an event to a time more than two hours earlier or later than originally programmed and you cannot or do not wish to attend
- If we are unable to find an alternate performance date for you, in the event that you cannot attend an event as originally planned due to any of the following: feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID-19 test results, and/ or having recently returned from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot
- If we issue a ticket to you by mistake
If you believe an event you attended was not provided as advertised and request a refund, we will consider but are not obliged to grant your request.
Unless required by law we will not be liable for auxiliary expenses (e.g. cost of travel or parking) incurred in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event, including if the event is cancelled or rescheduled.
Any refund payable will be made to the original purchaser, and where practical to the original form of payment.
If you purchased your ticket from another authorised ticket seller, you should apply to them for your refund. Refunds will not be issued for tickets purchased from an unauthorised seller or a reseller.
Exchanges may be granted at our discretion. Exchanges will also be offered if, at the time of your event, you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms or awaiting COVID-19 test results, or have recently returned from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot. If this occurs, you agree not to attend the event and to contact us so we can move you to an alternate date or, failing this, advise other options.
Exchanges are available until two hours before an event. Seat placement may differ if your tickets are exchanged into another performance.
10. Event admission conditions
If you do not meet the following conditions, we may refuse event admission:
- You do not have a valid ticket
- You do not have valid identification proving your concession status
- We have not received payment for your ticket
- You have in your possession and/ or refuse to surrender a prohibited item
- You interfere unreasonably with other customers’ enjoyment of the event
- You present with a body temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher
- You refuse to register your contact details for COVID-19 contact tracing purposes
- You refuse to remain seated in the venue, and/ or in your designated seat in the theatre
- You do not otherwise comply with venue safety requirements, including good hygiene practices and physical distancing measures
- You otherwise behave in a way that threatens property or the health and safety of others
- You do not otherwise comply with our venue requirements as listed in Section 10
- You otherwise breach these terms and conditions, any additional terms and conditions described at the time of purchase, or fail to follow reasonable direction from venue staff
Latecomer admission is dependent on the lockout conditions imposed for each specific event – please refer to your event’s webpage for more information. Seating may be reallocated as a result of late entry.
11. Additional venue conditions
- If, at the time of your event, you or other members of your group are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID-19 test results, or have recently returned from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot, you agree not to attend the event
- You must allow adequate time for ticket collection upon arrival for your event
- Your person and personal possessions may be subject to a visual search to ensure the safety and security of events
- Umbrellas, prams and other personal items that may block aisles, stairways and seat rows, or otherwise be considered hazardous to health and safety, may not be permitted in the venue
Food and drink
- Food and drink purchased externally cannot be brought into the venue
Photography and filming
- Photography and filming conditions differ for each specific event – please refer to your event’s webpage for more information
- We reserve the right to request the deletion of unauthorised photographs or footage
12. Photographed or filmed events
We reserve the right to photograph, record or broadcast any event and you consent to us doing so. You consent to any photograph or footage taken of you while attending an event, being edited, reproduced and communicated by us to the public in any medium. We are not obliged to provide any such photograph or footage to you.
We also use CCTV at our venue, and your image may be captured when you attend an event.
13. Event changes
While we always endeavour to keep ticketholders informed, event details may sometimes change with little or no notice.
We reserve the right to vary ticket prices in response to varying levels of customer demand, and to alter venues, seating arrangements, audience capacity and performers if necessary. Such alterations do not affect the terms and conditions applying to tickets purchased before the alteration.
14. Our liability
Our liability to you in relation to tickets and event attendance is limited to the obligations specified in these terms and conditions and in applicable laws.
You enter our event venues at your own risk and accept sole responsibility for all your personal possessions.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical conditions, your breach of these terms and conditions, or your reliance on reviews and opinions about our events.
15. Donations of ticket costs
If an event is cancelled, we may offer you the chance to donate the cost of your tickets, in addition to the offer of a refund or exchange. Without limiting any other provisions in these terms and conditions, the following provisions apply to donations of ticket costs:
- Seymour Centre is part of the University of Sydney, which has Deductible Gift Recipient status. Donations made to Seymour Centre of $2.00 or more are tax deductible
- When you donate the cost of your tickets to Seymour Centre, tax receipts will be managed and issued by the University of Sydney
- A refund may be available if you make an error in your donation, and any refunds will be made to the original form of payment
16. Gift vouchers
We offer gift vouchers for all events at Seymour Centre. Without limiting any other provisions in these terms and conditions, the following provisions apply to the purchase of gift vouchers:
Voucher prices and delivery mechanisms
- Gift voucher prices are displayed in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable
- A transaction fee may apply to your gift voucher purchase, and if this is the case, you will be notified prior to purchase
- We generally allow you to choose your preferred method of gift voucher delivery (emailed for print-at-home, or collect-in-person), but we reserve the right to require you to collect vouchers in person only, if this is necessary for operational reasons
Voucher redemption conditions
- All tickets purchased with a gift voucher are subject to our ticketing-related terms and conditions
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed for Seymour Centre events and cannot be redeemed for food, drinks, parking or merchandise
- Multiple gift vouchers may be used as payment for a single transaction
- If the cost of the ticket purchase exceeds the value of the gift voucher, the balance must be paid by credit card
- If the purchase price of a ticket is less than the value of a gift voucher, the balance will remain on the voucher and may be redeemed in the future, in accordance with these terms and conditions
- The full value of any unused credit remaining on a gift voucher must be redeemed before other payment methods will be accepted for the outstanding balance of a transaction
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to purchase further gift vouchers
Voucher validity period
- Gift vouchers are valid for 36 months from the date of issue
- A gift voucher must be redeemed before its expiry date, and any unused value will be forfeited when the expiry date is reached
- If you lose your gift voucher, please contact our Box Office and provide the full name and details of the purchaser
- Your voucher will be reissued once the purchaser has been contacted and all necessary details verified
Voucher refunds and exchanges
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash
- If your event booked with a gift voucher is cancelled, you will be contacted and offered the chance to either re-book or receive credit for a future booking
1. Application of terms and conditions
All entries in Seymour Centre trade promotions are subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as any additional terms and conditions described at the time of entry.
By entering a trade promotion, you agree to our terms and conditions. If you enter on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of our terms and conditions.
2. Promotion types and prices
All trade promotions are games of skill and will be judged according to individual creative merit. All trade promotions are free to enter and do not require ticket purchase.
3. Promotion entry mechanisms and restrictions
Trade promotion dates, entry requirements and prize claim processes will be published on our website or social media channels, or in our newsletter.
Our employees and those at other agencies associated with the trade promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion, as are their immediate families.
4. Promotion winners and prizes
To be eligible to win, entrants must be 18 years or over, and residents of Australia.
Winners will be notified within seven days of the promotion closing. We will make every effort to contact the winner. If a prize is not claimed within 30 days of the winner being announced, we reserve the right to redraw and award the prize to a runner-up.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
5. Promotion entry contents
6. Promotion cancellation
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the trade promotion if necessary due to circumstances outside our control.
7. Our liability
Our liability to you in relation to trade promotions is limited to the obligations specified in these terms and conditions and in applicable laws.
You enter trade promotions at your own risk, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical conditions, or your breach of these terms and conditions.
Any trade promotion posted on our social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube, is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with these organisations.
1. Application of terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all Seymour Centre venue hirer agreements, in addition to any terms and conditions set out in those agreements.
A reference to “You” or “The Hirer” in this document is a reference to the counterparty in a venue hire or event agreement. A reference to “We” or “Our” is taken to be the University of Sydney/ Seymour Centre.
2. Government and health department advice
These terms and conditions were prepared with reference to the NSW Government’s guidelines for minimising risk and protecting the health and wellbeing of all persons accessing our venue.
NSW Government guidelines and public health orders are subject to change. Accordingly, you acknowledge that Seymour Centre may amend these terms from time to time.
Where Seymour Centre amends these terms, Seymour Centre will use reasonable endeavour to notify you however you acknowledge that we may do so without notice and that it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions prior to commencement of your venue hire agreement.
3. Safety plans and contact lists
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
Unless we have agreed otherwise with you, you must comply with this COVID-19 Safety Plan.
You must also provide the following at least 14 days before your hire period commences:
- A copy of your COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Name and contact details for your COVID-19 safety coordinator, responsible for enacting your safety plan during your hire period
- Names and contact details for all persons accessing the venue as part of your hire
4. Hirer's responsibilities
While on site at Seymour Centre during your hire period, you must ensure that:
- No persons associated with your hire present to the venue unwell, or present exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: fever, sore throat, sore ears, cough or loss of taste
- Any persons associated with your hire who begin to feel unwell or develop any of the above symptoms leave the venue immediately
- All persons associated with your hire wash their hands regularly while at the venue, including upon arrival and departure, and maintain strict personal hygiene standards in other regards
- All persons associated with your hire maintain NSW regulation social distancing at all times, including in the studios, corridors and bathrooms
- All instruments, sets, props and other items associated with your hire are sanitised frequently
- All persons associated with your hire exit the venue promptly at the conclusion of your hire, and strictly avoid congregating in corridors
5. Seymour Centre's responsibilities
While you are on site at Seymour Centre during your hire period, we will ensure that:
- Our staff are free from COVID-19 symptoms including fever, sore throat, sore ears, cough or loss of taste
- Our staff adhere to strict personal hygiene standards, including frequent hand-washing and sanitisation
- We maintain thorough records of persons entering and departing the venue, to facilitate contact tracing by NSW Health if required
- Up-to-date social distancing, room capacity and directional signage is prominently displayed throughout the venue
- Hand sanitiser is available at key locations throughout the venue
- The venue is subject to a thorough professional cleaning service once daily, encompassing studios, bathrooms, corridors, railings, tables, door handles, sinks, hard surfaces, and other high-traffic or high-touch areas
- Studios are subject to an additional cleaning service between consecutive bookings
- A limited number of alcohol wipes are available upon request (if required, please ensure that you make provisions for alcohol wipes as part of your own COVID-19 Safety Plan)
6. Notice responsibilities
Each party must:
- Immediately notify the other party if it becomes aware that anyone on site during the Hire Period could have been exposed to COVID-19. This includes if a staff or audience member subsequently tested positive for COVID-19
- Nominate in writing to the other a person who will be present during the Hire Period and can act as a point of contact for any questions about COVID-19 safety and to help mitigate risks of the same
- Use reasonable efforts to comply with any request from the other party to the extent that such request is to help minimize the risk of COVID-19
7. Postponement/ cancellation due to regulatory restrictions
Should either party be unable to proceed due to regulatory restrictions from government or relevant health authorities made in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, both parties agree that they will first attempt to collaborate to find a mutually agreeable alternative date/s within twelve months of this Agreement.
This will be at no additional cost to the Hirer unless the length of the booking varies, or the booking changes to include a more expensive day of the week (e.g. Sunday).
Seymour Centre will attempt to transfer ticketholders to the mutually agreed new date/s at no extra cost, or in the event this is unsuccessful, offer ticketholders a refund in full if they decline to be transferred. Neither party to this contract shall make any financial claim upon each other due to these customer refunds.
If no mutually agreeable date can be secured and the event must be cancelled, Seymour Centre will agree to hold the hirer’s deposit towards a future event to be held within 12 months, or to refund the hirer’s deposit, less a 10% administration fee.
8. Postponement/ cancellation due to reduced audience capacity
If the capacity of the theatre is reduced due to social distancing requirements, both parties will mutually agree if it is viable to go ahead and, if so, agree to a new hire rate for this reduced audience capacity. If the event is cancelled because it is not viable or an agreed fee cannot be reached, Seymour Centre will agree to hold the hirer’s deposit towards a future event to be held within 12 months, or to refund the hirer’s deposit, less a 10% administration fee.
9. Customer refunds
If no mutually agreeable date can be secured and the event must be cancelled, the hirer agrees for Seymour Centre to offer ticket purchasers a choice between a refund in full or a gift voucher eligible for any event at Seymour Centre for a 36-month period. The hirer will make no claim on refunded or transferred funds in this circumstance.
If a patron/s cannot attend a performance because they are unwell or displaying symptoms, the hirer agrees for Seymour Centre to transfer ticketholders to an alternative performance date of the same event if possible. If not possible, the hirer agrees for Seymour Centre to offer patron/s a choice between a refund in full or a gift voucher eligible for any event at Seymour Centre for a 36-month period. The hirer or Seymour Centre will make no further claim on refunded or transferred funds in this circumstance.
We value your feedback. If you have questions or wish to make a complaint regarding our terms and conditions, please submit an enquiry via our contact form.
Pictured: Percy Mtwa and Mbongeni Ngema in Woza Albert!, 1985
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information presented on this website is correct and up to date. Seymour Centre reserves the right to change any information on this website at any time without notice.
The content on this website cannot be re-used without written permission from Seymour Centre.