Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All tickets sold by Seymour Centre are sold subject to the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice and the following terms and conditions. For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment, or to obtain a copy of the code of practice for Event Ticketing refer to the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this activity; and subject to the conditions applicable to that activity.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased through an authorised medium. Entry may be denied where tickets have been purchased through an unauthorised channel or where tickets have been tampered with, damaged or defaced.
- Admission will only be granted upon presentation of a valid ticket.
- The right of admission is reserved and subject to the presenters’ and venues’ terms of admission.
- Where concessions pricing is applicable, it is available to:
- Full Australian pensioners
- Fulltime Australian students
- Children aged 16 years and under
- Where concession pricing is applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided on collection of tickets. If the ticket holder cannot present valid identification, we reserves the right to apply an additional charge up to the difference of a full standard ticket price.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
- Refunds and cancellations are not available after a purchase has been confirmed except as required by law or in accordance with the LPA Code of Practice.
- Exchanges may be granted at the organiser's discretion up until the performance day. An exchange fee of $5.50 per ticket applies.
- Seymour Centre may not replace General Admission (unallocated) tickets. The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets where available.
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to vary the advertised programs and to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/ or prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity as necessary.
- Tickets may not be resold at a premium or used for advertising or promotions without the direct written consent of the presenter and venue. Any tickets sold in breach of this condition may be cancelled and admission denied.
- Patrons are advised to purchase tickets only through the Seymour Centre website and authorised ticket sellers. We cannot guarantee any ticket purchase made through any means other than the Seymour Centre website and official third-party ticketing agents.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the management. Admission may be granted at a suitable break in the performance.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Food and beverages purchased outside Seymour Centre cannot be brought into the venue.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
- All children and infants must have a valid ticket.
- All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Pram and strollers cannot be taken into theatres. For the safety of all patrons, aisles and stairways must be kept clear at all times.
REFUSAL OF ADMISSION
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to refuse entry or remove you from the venue if you:
- Endanger other patrons, performers or Seymour Centre staff
- Interfere with other patrons’ enjoyment of a performance or event
- Fail to produce a valid ticket when request
- Record or broadcast performance without permission.
RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- No filming, photography or recording is permitted inside the theatre unless otherwise specified.
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos.
- Seymour Centre is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical condition, your breach of these terms and conditions, or your reliance on reviews and opinions about performances.
- Trade promotion dates, requirements and claim process will be published on Seymour Centre’s social media channels.
- All Seymour Centre trade promotions are games of skill and will be judged according to individual creative merit.
- All Seymour Centre trade promotions are free to enter and do not require the purchase of any tickets.
- Winners of the trade promotion must be 18 years old and over and residents of Australia.
- Seymour Centre reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- Winners will be notified within seven days of the competition closing. Seymour Centre will make every effort to contact the trade promotion winner. If a prize is not claimed within thirsty days of the winner being announced, Seymour Centre reserves the right to award the prize to a runner up.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Employees of Seymour Centre and agencies associated with the trade promotion are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
- All entries become the property of Seymour Centre. Seymour Centre may use entries for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- Any trade promotion posted on Seymour Centre’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with those organisations.
- The information you are asked to provide to Seymour Centre is personal information and is protected by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Seymour Centre will not disclose this information to other parties other than in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- Payment for school bookings must be received by the ‘payment due’ date or your booking will be automatically released.
- All students under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Late school groups may be granted admission at a suitable break in the performance.
- Any supplied teaching resources cannot be re-used without written permission from the copyright owner.
- Donations of $2 or more to the Seymour Centre are tax deductible.
- A refund may be available if you make an error in your donation. Any refunds will be made by credit to the card used for the original purchase or donation. Donations cannot be cancelled if we have already notified a third party of its receipt.
Pictured: Percy Mtwa and Mbongeni Ngema in Woza Albert!, 1985
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information presented on this website is correct and up to date. Seymour Centre reserves the right to change any information on this website at any time without notice.