Assistant Director, Heroes of the Fourth Turning
Hayden Tonazzi is a director of live performance who graduated from the Masters of Fine Arts (Directing) program at NIDA. Since graduating in 2020, Hayden has been working across the mainstage and independent scene in Sydney and Melbourne.
As director, their credits include:
- The Australian premiere of Significant Other by Joshua Harmon for the New Theatre
- A new Australian work, This Genuine Moment, by Jacob Parker for La Mama in Melbourne and Fringe HQ in Sydney
- The Mad Ones by Kerrigan & Lowdermilk for the Global Online Broadway Lab during the pandemic
At NIDA, Hayden directed Miracle City by Nick Enright as their graduating piece, as well as Boys by Ella Hickson. In 2022, Hayden will be directing Tell Me Before The Sun Explodes for the KXT Mainstage Season, a new Australian work by Jacob Parker starring Tim McGarry.
As assistant director, Hayden's credits include:
- The national tour of Follow Me Home by Lewis Treston for the Australian Theatre for Young People, directed by Fraser Corfield
- The End Of Winter by Noëlle Janaczewska for Siren Theatre Co, directed by Kate Gaul
- A COVID-cancelled production of The Day Of The Triffids for Squabbalogic and Griffin Theatre Company, directed by Jay James-Moody
At NIDA Hayden was assistant director on Starstruck: The Stage Musical for RGM Productions, directed by Kim Hardwick. Their directorial placements include Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour 2020: La Traviata for Opera Australia, directed by Constantine Costi, and The Bridges of Madison County for Hayes Theatre, directed by Neil Gooding.
Hayden is an Associate Artist with the Kings Cross Theatre as well as a member of the Young Vic’s Directing Program. They are very excited to be joining the Outhouse team as assistant director for Heroes of the Fourth Turning, directed by Craig Baldwin.