Actor, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever
Blake Appelqvist is a Māori (Ngāti Porou) and Swedish multidisciplinary artist who graduated from the Victorian College of the Arts with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music Theatre).
They recently played Harry on the Aria-nominated Fangirls World Premiere Cast Recording (Ghostlight) and their previous musical theatre credits include:
- Oaken in Frozen (Disney Theatricals)
- Miss Understanding in Priscilla Queen of the Desert (MCG)
- Ziegfeld Tenor in Funny Girl (TPC)
- Esteban in Kiss of the Spiderwoman (MTC)
- West Side Story (TPC)
- Ghost (ATG)
- Angel in Kinky Boots (MCG)
In 2019, Blake originated the role of Sir Garfield Barwick in The Dismissal (Squabbalogic) and was showcased at the Hayes Theatre playing Sir Galahad in Spamalot (One Eyed Man Productions) and Paul Owen in American Psycho (BB Arts/Two Doors), earning them a GLUG nomination for Best Newcomer.