Led by Sport for Jove artistic director Damien Ryan, and featuring a cast of company actors, Sport for Jove’s HSC symposiums offer essential opportunities to deepen your students’ practical understanding through experiencing and analysing key scenes and characters in performance.
Lectures and performed scenes are interspersed with expert commentary from Damien Ryan and his team. Together they will explore famous scenes and speeches in multiple ways, open up diverse critical readings, unlock language and character, discuss the famous ambiguities and challenges of each play and answer student questions.
Each symposium is a hands-on experience that ensures students are ‘watching with understanding’ and extracting the key ingredients and critical thinking required to write on the plays under exam conditions. Don’t miss out!
A detailed Teacher Resouce Kit is provided with each symposium.
“You made a difficult play accessible and meaningful to students in a short space of time. I will certainly be making a booking for next year’s HSC group.”Teacher, Marian College
We are delighted to present a brand new range of digital HSC Symposia, produced by our resident theatre company Sport For Jove.
Each Symposium is an opportunity to deepen your students’ practical understanding of HSC texts through a detailed analysis of key scenes and characters in the performance.
Each package includes:
- Over 2 hours of live production footage and expert commentary from Sport for Jove Artistic Director, Damien Ryan.
- A detailed Teacher Resouce Kit to support classroom learning.
- An opportunity for students to send specific questions to be answered by Damien and the Sport for Jove team.
Each Symposium will cover:
- Explorations on Themes, Characters, and Contemporary Relevance
- Analysing the Rubric
- Context and Composition of the Text
- Defining the Form, Structure and Purpose
- Examining Qualities and Key Emotions
- Detailed Language and Scene Study (utilising professional live production footage)
- Exploring New Ideas and Reflecting Personally
To purchase a digital package, select the symposium below, click on the relevant booking link (school or single ticket), and book your preferred date. You will receive your access link and log-in on the day of your booking.
Thu 18 Jun (Digital)
Thu 12 Nov 2pm – 4pm
Tue 17 Nov 2pm – 4pm
Fri 20 Nov 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Years 7 – 12
Stage 4 Drama, English
Stage 5 Drama, English
Stage 6 Drama, English
Resources: A Teacher Resouce Kit will be provided.
This new Symposium explores traditions in Australian theatre through an in-depth study of Norm and Ahmed by Alex Buzo and The Removalists by David Williamson.
Fri 12 Jun
Stage 6 Drama
One teacher free per 10 students, additional teachers at student price.
Photography and filming prohibited