Make your trip to the theatre a great day out for your group.
The Seymour has easy drop-off and pick-up points for school buses on City Road or Shepherd Street. Please note there is no bus parking available onsite.
By train, we are a 10 minute walk from Redfern Station or a 20 minute walk from Central Station.
FOYERS AND COURTYARD
The Seymour has large foyers and a courtyard where students can gather before and after the show.
Victoria Park is directly opposite the Seymour. It’s a great place to take students after the show to eat lunch and burn off some energy before the journey home.
Access parking is located on Maze Crescent within the University of Sydney, a short walking distance to the Seymour entrance. There is lift access to all levels of the centre and wheelchair seating is available in all venues. Hearing loops are available in the Everest and York Theatres, and fully accessible toilets are located on the ground floor.
If any of your students have access needs, please phone the Box Office on 02 9351 7940 prior to your visit.
ON THE DAY
For many students, their trip to the Seymour could be their first theatre experience. Below are some tips to share with your class:
- Arrive on time. Latecomers may only be allowed in at certain intervals during a performance. Missing the start of the performance may diminish your experience and disrupt the show for
- Visit the bathroom prior to the start of the performance. It is difficult to leave during a performance and you may not be readmitted to the theatre.
- Save your comments on the performance until the end as unnecessary noise disturbs the actors and your fellow audience members.
- Turn off mobile Mobile frequencies disrupt sound equipment and ringing phones interrupt performances. Even illuminated screens can distract fellow audience members and the actors on stage.
- Photography and recording are not permitted in the theatre.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the theatre.