JOB OPPORTUNITY: BUSINESS MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Business Manager
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 11.30pm 8 July 2019
TO APPLY: Further information here
- Exciting opportunity to lead the financial operations of the Seymour Centre
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full-time, fixed term (2 years) base salary $100K p.a plus 9.5 % superannuation
About the opportunity
The Business Manager will have the opportunity to provide strong strategic and operational financial support to the Artistic Director/General Manager of the Seymour Centre, including working on developing strategies for income generation and innovative program development to ensure the long-term viability of the Centre. Responsible for setting and tracking the annual budget, you will also lead the contractual and partnership negotiations with a range of external and internal (University) partners and venue clientele.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Business Manager who:
- has a passion for the arts and/or direct experience of working within a performing arts or similar organisation
- demonstrates a high degree of financial acumen and experience with high-level attention to detail
- has a demonstrated track record of leading contractual negotiations to meet business objectives in an arts or cultural business environment
- is experienced in tracking annual budgets in the range of $4M – $6M
- is experienced in leading a team to achieve agreed outcomes.