Our ticketing database is a customer relationship management system which is shared with other arts organisations for the purpose of ticketing and customer relationship management. These Organisations are able to view your name and contact details (address, email and phone numbers) when those details are given to the Seymour Centre and entered on the database. This is so that Seymour Centre can process your current and future transactions as effectively as possible, and also helps ensure the speed and efficiency of any of your dealings with the other organisations. However, the organisations do not have access to any other data we store about you, such as ticket history, ticketing preferences, donations or financial information.
When you book ticket/s, make a donation to the Seymour Centre or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you consent to your name and contact details, which are entered on to the database, being disclosed to the Organisations.
The current Organisations are the Sydney Opera House, the Australian Chamber Orchestra, Bell Shakespeare Company and Opera Australia. Other similar arts entities may become Organisations in future, and they will also be able to view your name and contact details in the database.
Unless you tell us otherwise you consent to your name and contact details being shared with the Organisations, although these Organisations will not contact you unless you have a pre-existing relationship with them (eg you are a customer of or donor to those organisations, or have otherwise requested that they contact you). Any contact you have with these organisations will be subject to their Privacy Policies.
We may also ask you to consent to your contact details and/or performance related information (such as performance and seating preferences, history of attendances and any other performance related information collected for marketing purposes) being shared with and used by the promoters and performing companies of those events you attend. This enables the Seymour Centre, promoters and performing companies to keep you informed of upcoming events that may be of interest.
The Seymour Centre will not otherwise trade, sell or rent personal information about our customers to or with third parties.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
All tickets sold by the Seymour Centre are sold subject to the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice and the following terms and conditions.
- Refunds and cancellations are not available after a purchase has been confirmed except as required by law or in accordance with the LPA Code of Practice.
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this activity; and subject to the conditions applicable to that activity.
- The right is reserved to vary the advertised programs and to add, withdraw or substitute artists and or prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity as necessary.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased through an authorised medium. Entry may be denied where tickets have been purchased through an unauthorised channel or where tickets have been tampered with, damaged or defaced.
- Tickets may not be resold at a premium or used for advertising or promotions without the direct written consent of the presenter and venue. Any tickets sold in breach of this condition may be cancelled and admission denied.
- The right of admission is reserved and subject to the presenters and venues terms of admission.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of the management.
- No filming, photography or recording is permitted inside the theatre unless otherwise specified.
- Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.
- The Seymour Centre may not replace General Admission (unallocated) tickets. The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets where available.
For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment , or to obtain a copy of the code of practice for Event Ticketing refer to www.liveperformance.com.au