WHO WE ARE
At Seymour, we’re all about more.
More potential for provoking thought, more room for questioning, collaborating and creating, and more opportunities to bring contemporary performing arts to wide-reaching audiences.
We’re ideas people; producing performances, hosting major festivals, supporting smaller independent arts sectors, passionately believing in our Arts Education program and aligning closely with the thought leaders of the University of Sydney.
Accessible, intelligent, innovative: think more, feel more.
WHAT WE DO
Located in the heart of the University Sydney, the Seymour Centre’s core programs celebrate the connection between great ideas and great performance. We strive to produce and present arts event that:
- Investigate and reveal important questions of our time;
- Champion cultural exploration and build the widest possible audience engagement;
- Connect the intellectual expertise of the University of Sydney with outstanding Australian artists to make new performance work that investigates great ideas and expand existing artform boundaries
To achieve these goals we deliver three signature programs:
- The Great Ideas Performance Series
- Seymour’s Arts Education program for Primary and Secondary schools
- The Reginald Season of new works from small and independent arts companies
We also host major festivals, present large-scale theatre, music and dance performances.
With an impressive 41 year history of presenting, promoting and developing great Australian performances, the Seymour is now a dynamic urban hub for quality arts experiences presented in one of Sydney’s most relaxed and accessible theatre environments.